Linda Baker, VHS 1969, 3rd Generation Vic High
Moving home to Victoria after 38 years in the Coquitlam area, Linda helped organize the Class of 1969 50th reunion, and has been Vic High Alumni Board Secretary since November 2018, Communications Lead since 2020, and volunteers in the Vic High Archives & Museum.
Her professional and volunteer background includes
- 20 years owning her own award-winning interior decorating business, (residential and commercial), including having her work shown in numerous publications
- 2 ½ years managing a group of chocolate companies, including designing new products for Costco, overseeing HAACP food safety audits, and distribution of imported products to the trade,
- production of large scale events, including Chamber of Commerce President’s Ball, hospital and hospice fundraising events,
- 12 years as business agent for large public sector union, including communications, negotiations, grievance arbitration, computer system redesign lead, teaching, administration,
- 40+ years of volunteering in the community, including president of the Coquitlam region Arts Council and founder of a non-profit chocolate festival that mentored youth
- Taught Event Management at college in Vancouver
“I’m an ideas person,” says Linda, “and I’m grateful for the chance to work with such inspiring and dedicated volunteers to support Vic High students and connect alumni with each other. Everyone has such great memories and stories to share.”
Happily married, two kids, and 4 grandkids, she’s the 7th of 12 in her family to attend Vic High. She speaks French and travels extensively in France with husband Wayne and their family, and is editing her first book for publication. Her writing can be found at www.lindabaker.ca.