Vic High Archives & Museum
Alumni volunteers manage the school-owned Vic High Archives & Museum collections, preserving and celebrating the school’s history. Volunteers research and answer inquiries, catalogue records and artifacts, set up school displays, loan items to reunions, and provide photos and stories for the alumni website, newsletter, social media.
Just some of what’s on hand…
- Camosuns – extras available for some years, digital copies available for most years links TBC
- Student registration cards, attendance records, exam results,
- School uniforms, sports equipment, trophies & plaques, pins & patches
- Science and technical education equipment
- Photographs, newspaper clippings, textbooks, audio and video recordings,
- Personal collections of prominent Vic High alumni – teachers and students
- Past Reunions files & memorabilia, items to loan for reunions
- Banners, signs, artifacts dating from the late 1800s
- Vic High alumni authors
- Alumni obituaries
During seismic upgrades, 2020 – 2022, the collections are stored and volunteers are creating digital records to make research easier.