Vic High Black & Gold Honour Roll
The Alumni’s premier biennial event, our Black & Gold Dinner, inducts a new group of extraordinary Vic High alumni into the Black & Gold Honour Roll each time it’s held. Each inductee is featured in a unique video, and Vic High students attend the event with alumni and help introduce each inductee. A wonderfully touching evening, as alumni across all school years gather to honour our own. It’s also a successful fundraising event that helps cover Alumni Association operating costs so we can keep connecting alumni and support our school and current students. Click on each name below for their presentation video. They’re excellent!
- 1888 Emily Carr world-renowned artist
- 1924 “Torchy” Peden internationally acclaimed cyclist
- 1933 Doug Peden acclaimed in cycling, basketball & more
- 1935 Tommy Mayne beloved Vic High drama teacher
- 1944 Dr. Norma Mickelson renowned educator, OBC, OC
- 1945 Dr. Wallace Chung respected medical researcher & innovator
- 1955 Jim Taylor nationally acclaimed sports writer
- 1955 David Anderson long-time federal MP & environmentalist
- 1955 Dr. A.J. Stewart Smith world-renowned particle physicist
- 1957 Carole Sabiston world-renowned fabric artist
- 1962 Dr. Maria Tippett leading Canadian cultural historian
- 1966 David Day internationally acclaimed author
- 1971 Richard Hunt renowned First Nations artist
- 1971 Hans de Goede internationally-acclaimed rugby player
- 1984 Jessica Monroe-Gonin Olympic rowing medalist
- 1992 Sam Dunn award-winning documentary filmmaker
Thank You for Your Donations!
It takes a village of alumni and friends to ensure our Alumni Association can keep supporting Vic High, its current students, and its history. We celebrate and thank all who donated last year. Needless to say, we couldn’t do it without you, our generous donors. 2022 Donors, 2021 Donors, 2020 Donors,
Some Notable Vic High Alumni
…and this is just the beginning! Stay tuned as we add more, and be sure to contact Communications with more Notable Alumni suggestions.
We Love Volunteers
Alumni volunteers supporting Vic High goes back to at least 1974, and we celebrate every single one of you. Hundreds of thousands of dollars raised, many school projects and amenities supported, and a lot of fun along the way. We are in awe of the dedication of volunteers to the Vic High Spirit and memories. And welcome all alumni to find their way to join in. Thanks!
Vic High Alumni Authors
We definitely celebrate all our Vic High authors. Follow this link to Vic High’s collection of books written by and about Vic High Alumni. If you know of someone who should be there, or can donate a copy of your book, contact the Vic High Librarian. And congratulations!