The Alumni Association: Who Are We?
The Vic High Alumni Association grew out of the remarkable efforts around the school’s centennial in 1976 and the 75th anniversary of the current school building in 1989. Those events whetted the appetite for keeping in touch and, with the funds they raised, provided an ongoing legacy to the school and its students, through scholarships and specific projects.
What Do We Do?
The Association helps alumni keep their connection to Vic High by:
- Supporting class reunions
- Sponsoring social functions and celebrations that promote Vic High
- Producing an annual newsletter
- Maintaining a website for alumni.
The Association also helps Vic High and its students directly by:
- Funding scholarships and bursaries totalling approximately $6000 to $8000 per year
- Raising special funds for projects such as:
- refurbishing and purchasing a professional sound system for the auditorium
- purchasing a bus for the use of the school
- raising funds to support on-going school activities in the areas of sports, vocational education, and performing and visual arts.
The Association also supports and works with the Archives volunteers that have assembled a truly remarkable collection of records chronicling many aspects of the school since its earliest days.
What Can You Do?
Donate to support the school. Your contribution allows us to continue our work supporting Vic High students through the scholarship and bursary funds and assisting in restoring the school. [View and print Donation Form]